Sources of inspiration – Yoga etc.
Here you can find links to web content related to yoga in general, Iyengar yoga and other issues and subjects which I find useful and important. You are welcome to check in often as I am updating this page regularly. If you have a suggestion for yoga-related or other content you think is appropriate, please let me know.
- Iyengar Yoga Official Site – Includes a link to the Iyengar Yoga Teachers Directory.
- Yoga asana viewer – A wonderful 3D viewer for Yoga Asana (from BandhaYoga who created the Yoga Scientific keys books).
- Iyengar Yoga Resources – An extensive catalogue of internet resources for Iyengar yoga including both educational materials and related-content commercial sites.
- Brad’s Iyengar Yoga Notebook – A great resource blog with lots of useful Iyengar Yoga notes.
- Iyengar Yoga Association Netherlands – The official website of the Iyengar Yoga association in the netherlands.
- A brain stroke for breakfast – The amazing story of Dr. Jill Bolt Taylor, a Neuroanatomist who realized one morning she was having a massive stroke. As it happened she felt her brain functions slip away one by one, speech, movement, understanding. She studied and remembered every moment.
- The Yoga Journal Online – A good resource with a good description of alignments in all the basic Asanas and archived articles with details about specific Asanas, anatomy, and general yoga lifestyle (has a tendency of being too commercial sometime).
- Yoga of emotional fasting (Rasa Sadhana) – Teachings by Peter Murchand who wrote the first book about the subject. Videos of him are available on his site.
- Yoga centers Directory – Find yoga centers worldwide.
- Yogamoves – Inter-disciplinary yoga school in utrecht
- Yoga Groningen – sweet little yoga studio in Groningen called Buddha Balance
- What’s wrong with what we eat – A wonderful short video of Mark Bittman lecturing for TED about the food we eat.
- The China Study – An introduction to the most comprehensive nutrition study ever conducted (and the name of a must-read book about nutrition and its effects on health).
- Earthlings – This is the single most powerful movie about the correlation between nature, animals and human economic interests. Using hidden cameras and never before seen footage, this life changing documentary is a must see for anyone who cares enough to know.
- Zeitgeist: The Movie – (Full movie! Final version) – What do Christianity, 9/11 and world economy all have in common?
- Zeitgeist II ADDENDUM – (Full movie! Final version) – The breathtaking follow-up to the original film focusing on world-economy, capitalism, and the future of our society. Fascinating!