PREGNANCY YOGA COURSE IN AMSTERDAM
MINDFUL PREGNANCY WITH CERTIFIED DOULA ILENA STANDRING IN AMSTERDAM OOST – WEEKLY CLASSES; SIGNUP ON THE SIDEBAR
Our Mindful Pregnancy course in Amsterdam Oost will support you physically, physiologically, mentally and emotionally. The sessions will help you get and stay fit and healthy right up until your baby arrives, and should therefore help you recover quickly and smoothly too.
This one-of-a-kind course offers an insight into the physicality, the physiology and the emotional changes which pregnancy can bring – there won’t be any reading involved but we will talk about and mindfully connect with the changes as we experience them in our bodies. Each class will end with a guided relaxation or visualisation around the principles of mindfulness and it’s relevance in pregnancy.
Drawing on years of experience of guiding pregnant women, along with the support and guidance of a doula and mindfulness coach; we designed a gentle and restorative mindful yoga course for both the 2nd and 3rd trimesters of pregnancy.
THE FIVE PILLARS OF MINDFUL PREGNANCY COURSE
- Yoga and breathing exercises to strengthen, stretch and relax
- Balance and alignment exercises for optimal foetal positioning
- Mindfulness and how it relates to pregnancy and birth
- Physicality, physiology and psychology of pregnancy
- Community connection – because it really does “take a village”
Each course is made up of six sessions of 2 hours. The course is therefore bi-monthly (starting every other month – see the dates listed and sign up) and you can attend it more than once if you wish to enjoy it as a weekly class.
BENEFITS OF THE COURSE FOR THE 2ND TRIMESTER
The course will cover key areas relevant in this important stage where your baby begins to form and grow and changes begin to take place within your body. It will support your body and your baby by giving you tools to create more space in the abdominal area as well as the pelvis as it begins to move, and as hormonal changes are taking effect.
- Creating space in the abdominal/organic region for the baby to grow.
- Emotional balance – working with mood swings and hormonal shifts (including breathing techniques).
- Building confidence and strength with a basic yoga sequence to be considered as ‘routine’ throughout the course and your pregnancy.
- Learning the basic Do’s and Don’ts – which poses to avoid and which are safe during this time.
- Strengthening the spine and the postural muscles with yoga as well as widening the pelvis and hips.
BENEFITS OF THE COURSE FOR THE 3RD TRIMESTER
Our course will prepare and support you and your baby in this last phase of growth where your baby is finalizing her development and both of you are preparing for birth. In this phase you are learning to cope with a big and heavier belly, the increased pressure on the internal organs and the diaphragm, the breathing issues which may arise, as well as practice contractions and stretching sensations. More space is required in the abdominal area and the pelvis. In addition, the emotional aspect of the fast approaching birth is heightening, and you need good tools to process and balance your emotions, along with tools to support you in coping with the early stages of labour and childbirth.
- Learning to practice with support (yoga props) as the body adjusts with the expansion of the 3rd trimester.
- Breathing exercises and techniques – learning to use the breath to take ‘whatever comes’ with calm and balanced confidence
- Dealing with ‘common symptoms’. Learn to deal with and find relief for issues such as shortness of breath, increased back pain, sleeping disorders, heartburn, gases, constipation etc.
- Learning a special Yoga sequence to prepare for labour and birth; including creating space by elongating the sides of the body, as well as finding width and elasticity in the pelvic floor.
- Restorative yoga program – learning how to find deep relaxation and surrender, and how to switch to a calming, gentle yoga and breathing practice for intense moments of labour and birth.
TIMES AND DATES
From now on there will be no breaks in between the 6-week courses. Therefore you can continue your practice on a drop in basis. Exact dates & signup via the sidebar links. Time: Fridays 14:00-16:00 | *If you cannot come to any of the days in the course you are allowed to take missed classes in any of the following courses, based on availability.
- Full course (6 classes of 2 hours each): €115,-
- Re-take (2nd time) the full course : only €90,-
- Drop in for a single class* €20
* only possible if you have done the course once
Online reservation (Sign up) and pre payment are required.
Minimum of 6 participants needed for course to start | Max of 9 students.
Course already started? No problem – just join us and pay for the remaining classes (€20 per class)