PRENATAL YOGA IN AMSTERDAM
STARTING AGAIN SEP 8 16:00 | AFTER THE SUMMER BREAK
MINDFUL PREGNANCY WITH CERTIFIED DOULA ILENA STANDRING IN AMSTERDAM OOST – WEEKLY CLASSES; SIGNUP ON OUR CLASS SCHEDULE
Our Mindful Pregnancy yoga classes in Amsterdam Oost are designed to support you physically, physiologically, mentally and emotionally. They will help you get and stay fit and healthy right up till your baby arrives, and should therefore help you recover quickly and smoothly too.
But that’s not all. This special classes offer an insight into the physiology and emotional changes that pregnancy can bring. There will be talks during classes as well as mindfulness training with regard to the changes as we experience them in our bodies. Each class will end with a guided relaxation or visualisation around the principles of mindfulness and it’s relevance to pregnancy.
Meet the teacher – Ilena Standring
Drawing on years of experience of guiding pregnant women, along with the support and guidance of a a certified doula and mindfulness coach; Ilena designed a gentle and restorative mindful yoga course for both the 2nd and 3rd trimesters of pregnancy.
THE FIVE PILLARS OF THE MINDFUL PREGNANCY COURSE
- Yoga and breathing exercises to strengthen, stretch and relax
- Balance and alignment exercises for optimal foetal positioning
- Mindfulness and how it relates to pregnancy and birth
- Physicality, physiology and psychology of pregnancy
- Community connection – because it really does “take a village”
Each course is made up of six sessions of 2 hours. The course is therefore bi-monthly (starting every other month – see the dates listed and sign up) and you can attend it more than once if you wish to enjoy it as a weekly class.
BENEFITS OF THE COURSE FOR THE 2ND TRIMESTER
The course will cover key areas relevant in this important stage where your baby begins to form and grow and changes begin to take place within your body. It will support your body and your baby by giving you tools to create more space in the abdominal area as well as the pelvis as it begins to move, and as hormonal changes are taking effect.
- Creating space in the abdominal/organic region for the baby to grow.
- Emotional balance – working with mood swings and hormonal shifts (including breathing techniques).
- Building confidence and strength with a basic yoga sequence to be considered as ‘routine’ throughout the course and your pregnancy.
- Learning the basic Do’s and Don’ts – which poses to avoid and which are safe during this time.
- Strengthening the spine and the postural muscles with yoga as well as widening the pelvis and hips.
BENEFITS OF THE COURSE FOR THE 3RD TRIMESTER
Our course will prepare and support you and your baby in this last phase of growth where your baby is finalising her development and both of you are preparing for birth. In this phase you are learning to cope with a big and heavier belly, the increased pressure on the internal organs and the diaphragm, the breathing issues which may arise, as well as practice contractions and stretching sensations. More space is required in the abdominal area and the pelvis. In addition, the emotional aspect of the fast approaching birth is heightening, and you need good tools to process and balance your emotions, along with tools to support you in coping with the early stages of labour and childbirth.
- Learning to practice with support (yoga props) as the body adjusts with the expansion of the 3rd trimester.
- Breathing exercises and techniques – learning to use the breath to take ‘whatever comes’ with calm and balanced confidence
- Dealing with ‘common symptoms’. Learn to deal with and find relief for issues such as shortness of breath, increased back pain, sleeping disorders, heartburn, gases, constipation etc.
- Learning a special Yoga sequence to prepare for labour and birth; including creating space by elongating the sides of the body, as well as finding width and elasticity in the pelvic floor.
- Restorative yoga program – learning how to find deep relaxation and surrender, and how to switch to a calming, gentle yoga and breathing practice for intense moments of labour and birth.
TIMES AND DATES
The class takes place each Fridays 16:00-18:00 (2 hours classes)
Online reservation (Sign up) and pre payment are required.
- 10 class card (3 months validity): €160,-
- Drop in for a single class: €20